Wednesday, September 13, 2006

1st Day of Preschool




I have been looking forward to this day all summer long. Adrienne and Camryn went to their first day of preschool through the Chandler Parks n recreation program. They are going two days a week Tues and Thursday for 2 hours.

I took a few pictures of the girls before we left the house. I got them there on time and dropped of the snacks I signed up to bring. What happenend next took me totally by surprise. I got all teary eyed when I hugged them. They were already sitting at a table and started coloring and I got all choked up leaving them. I rushed out of there because I was a bit embarassed. The teacher was so nice and said that it is totally normal. It was definately more traumatic for me than them.

I went to the mall and meandered. I forgot most stores don't open until 10. I won't be going there again. I did not feel like I made the best use of my time. Oh well, I will have more time to practice. lol They are going back tomorrow.

When I went to pick them up, I tried to ask them about their day and of course they are 3 1/2 and could not give me the rich details I wanted and needed. I know they want to go back. This is just another small step in letting my little chicks learn to fly free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Vicki!!! I am so glad that they had a good time. I cannot imagine letting mine go! Must learn from your example.

MsKnow said...

They have gotten so big! I'm glad they had a good first day of school, even if it was hard for mommy... It's finally starting to get pleasant in the mornings here, so maybe next time you can bring a book with you and hang out at the park or something?