Saturday, March 18, 2006

Potty report 2

The day after my first report....Adrienne actually sat on the potty and did pee pee! She has not been in diapers since then. It has been a combo of pullups and undies.

On Tuesday of this week she actually went poop! It was so exciting! The next two days I was busy and not paying attention and was not so lucky....in her undies....way not fun!

She wants to sit on the big potty without the training ring. We were out shopping yesterday and she went at Target twice! Now picture this...a cute little preschooler voice saying.....mom...it smells (sniff, sniff) like poop in here. I could not keep myself from laughing it was so funny. I told her that we were in a bathroom and that is what people come in there to do. Luckily, there were not too many people using the bathroom at the time.

Today though, she is in a pullup and is resisting sitting on the potty. Thanks Anissa for commenting that some days are better than others. It can be discouraging but now I am learning this is a process.

I now wonder how long it will take for her to recognize she has to go versus me reminder her every two hours or so.

Miss Camryn has sat on the potty a few times this week....she really wants a jelly bean lol. She has not done anything yet....I know it will happen.

I am also working on getting them to dress themselves. Adrienne did the majority of the week no problem. Camryn, whines and says it's too hard. I just keep encouraging and end up helping miss C.

2 comments:

anissa said...

Great job Adrienne! I am telling you, once they decide that it is time, its time! And yes, candy does work ;). One of the hardest things for my girls is public restrooms because of the noise. One hurdle at a time, I guess!

Anonymous said...

Vicki I know you and your girls can do this.

That was great advice Anissa.

I think in all things there are better days than others. Sounds like you are on the right track.