I have a hard time with holiday's. I feel so isolated...like I can't just pick up the phone and call someone because they are busy doing holiday stuff, while I am not.
Don't get me wrong...my husband and kids are great...but I am lonely on holidays. I like the freedom of all the other days to communicate without disrupting someone elses' family.
So for our 4th of July 2005 we went to the zoo. We smothered ourselves in sunblock and set off to see the giraffes...Adrienne's request and the monkey's and spiders...Camryn's request. Somehow, we forgot the spiders on this trip ;) We brought a ton of stuff with us. Strollers are great for carrying stuff...just not the girls! They walked everywhere we went. It was dang HOT!!! Luckily, the Phoenix Zoo has put in misters at alot of the exhibits to help keep us cool. They probably had people pass out in the past or get dehydrated.
The zoo has this amazing walk in monkey exhibit. You are actually in amongst the monkeys. They walked right in front of us....we could have touched them they were so close.
We stayed and tried to get the girls to eat a banana split...Adrienne had some but Camryn did not want anything to do with it! We thought we would try to let them splash in the water area for little kids. We got them suited up...but no go. I think by that point they were tired. I was certainly ready to go. I could have cried with them as we stuffed them back into the stroller and exited the park ASAP!
Ahhh....the joys of toddler twins....
the 2nd half of the day to be continued.....
No comments:
Post a Comment