I will never forget the date April 9, 2002. That is the day I pee'd on a stick and got a positive! The first and only positive ever. Luis and I were both in shock. He did not really believe it was true until the blood tests were done twice confirming that yes we were going to be parents.
I really don't remember the beta numbers. I wish I did because in my innocence at the time I think they were quite high and should have clued me in that I was possibly carrying multiples.
Two babies were seen via ultrasound on April 26, 2002. Two days after our 3rd wedding anniversary. It was really happening to us. After all we had been through, my body was working like it should. Hallelujah!!!
A few weeks later, my body was working overtime. I got morning sickness so bad that I was almost hospitalized for dehydration. I was told to stay home from work and take drugs to help me feel better. I never really did get over being sick and I threw up periodically due to heartburn up until the girls were born and then afterwards as well. All over the recovery room floor!
I am digressing.
After the morning sickness craze passed there was a period between weeks 13 and 24 that were "text book" and normal. I was overweight when I became pregnant and really did not start to show for quite a while. I managed to elude alot of the well wishes from the general public because I really did not look pregnant. In fact one of the nurses' aides even made a comment on that towards the end of September. By the end of November though, I was huge!
We began looking for a new house and put our townhome on the market. We found a place we really liked towards the beginning of August and made an offer. At this same time a woman liked our place and everything was going for a smooth transition. I even started packing our stuff in anticipation of moving towards the end of August.
We found out we were having fraternal girls the last week in July. I had felt certain that there was atleast one boy from day one. My intuition was wrong. I was really quite happy though that they were growing and healthy inside of me.
Luis had started working at Simula in May. He was working nights so I spent alot of time by myself that summer. I was lonely...but half the time went to bed after eating dinner because I was so exhausted. I was still throwing up also. I even threw up a few times at work and went right back to answering phones and placing orders. Ugh...how did I do it?
By the end of July we were either seeing Dr. Linnerson or getting an ultrasound every two weeks to monitor mine and the girls progress. Everything was going smoothly until....the woman who wanted to buy our townhome backed out of the contract. She ended up loosing her $1000 earnest money to us. We had to stop our interest on the house on Harmony street as well. By the grace of God we got out before we had signed any binding contracts or offers. However, 75 percent of our house had been packed.
On August 28th I went in for another ultrasound. I left work at Co-Sales and never went back. I was 24 1/2 weeks pregnant. My cervix had shortened and I was having pre-term labor.
No comments:
Post a Comment