Saturday, January 31, 2009

January Books

Oh my goodness I am a total fan of Ken Follett. He captures me into the story within pages of starting and holds my interest throughout. This book is just shy of a 1000 pages and worth the time to read it. It is a continuation of Pillars of the Earth but can stand alone as they are over a 100 years apart in time lines. I think these books are well researched and very interesting glimpse into 12th and 13the century living in England.

This is the 2nd book in the series by Kate Jacobs. I really enjoyed the first one. The second wrapped up story lines from the first...but just was not as vibrant.


Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs is about a cable TV cook and her family. It was interesting learning about what happens behind the scenes on a cooking show. It was an okay read.


This is a young adult book and a totally fun read. I really like how Kate Di Camillo writes and hope my girls will read her books in the future.

1 comment:

Marla Herrick said...

Do you ever go to the VNSA Book Sale at the Fairgrounds? Me and my friends go every year. They have hundreds of thousands of used books. We get up at 3:45, get in line by 5 and wait for the doors to open at 8.

Good times. Let me know if you want to cut in line at 7:45...