Tuesday, November 25, 2008

In 2008 I have read.....

Yep...I have to start my list again. Last year 39 books...this year.....let's just see shall we. :)

January = 5
Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer, The Color of the Soul by Tracey Bateman, Freedom of the Soul by Tracey Bateman, Riding Lessons by Sarah Gruen, Kabul Beauty School by Deborah Rodriquez.

February = 3
The Plain Truth by Jodi Piccoult, Flying Changes by Sarah Gruen, Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich

March = 4
The Faraday Girls by Monica McInerney, The Alphabet Sisters by Monica McInerney, Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen, Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah

April = 2
The Oak Leaves by Maureen Lang, Learning to Fly by Roxanne Henke

May = 4
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella, A Total Waste of Make-up by Kim Gruenenfelder, The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs, When the Black Girl Sings by Bil Wright

June/July = 3
Before Green Gables by Budge Wilson, These is my Words by Nancy Turner, Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich

August - 3

Un-Veiled by Eileen Rendahl, The Host by Stephenie Meyer, Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

September = 2

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet (just under 1000 pages...It was soooo good!) Keeping Faith by Jodi Piccoult

October = 5

The Quilters Apprentice, The Christmas Quilt and Round Robin, Cross Country Quilters and The Sugar Camp Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini

November

The Runaway Quilt, The New Year's Quilt, The Master Quilter, The Quilter's Legacy, The Quilter's Homecoming, Circle of Quilters and The Winding Ways Quilt all by Jennifer Chiaverini

8 comments:

michelle said...

Yipee the reading list, you know I will be here a few times, lol.

Will have to look up The Color of the Soul. Did you like it?

crazylady said...

Here is what I've read today
1) you scrapbook like nobody's business and played so coy with me:)
2) you read more in one month than I have since the third grade.
3) you are a sister filled with faith and love

This chicken finally crossed the road. And it's wonderful on this side! Now who brings me my welcome daquiri?

Side by Side said...

Mmmm...I love dacquiri's...come on down and visit anytime!

Martha said...

This is a very "peaceful" blog ... I like it.

It's unlike many of blogs that I run into that make my stomach go into a knot of tension.

I may steal some of your ideas ... this is the environment that I would like to pass on to others. :)

Anonymous said...

so which one would you reccomend the most????

Heza Hekele said...

Wow, your hardcore. I only wish I read that fast!

My favorites this year have been "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin DeBecker, a book I read ten years ago and had to pick up again. And "A New Earth" by Echhart Tolle, which I am giving a second read through, because it's too deep to read only once.

Marla Herrick said...

Hey there! Looks like we have a similar liking when it comes to books. I have a book blog too. If you go to my profile, you can get the link to it there if you're interested. I love Ken Follett. His books are sooo interesting. And Stephenie Meyer provided me with some much needed easy reading when I needed to read for 10 minutes, change diapers, read, wash bottles, read, clean spit up, read, change diapers....

Do you ever go to the VNSA Book Sale? It's coming up in February. Let me know if you are interested in going. Me and a couple friends usually get there at about 5:00am and wait in line until the doors open at 8 so we can get the first choice of the books. It's a really good time and we get some pretty amazing deals on used books. Let me know if you're interested...

Marla Herrick said...

One more thing. I have a book blog. It's www.marlasbookjournal.blogspot.com. Would love to have you come by and visit sometime... :)