Monday, June 04, 2007

Just the facts....Nothing but....

I have a few people who have been checking out my photo blog and this one. I thought I would give a few facts about myself so they don't think I am a crazy stalker of twins. lol

1. I was adopted as an infant and so was my younger brother in Colorado.

2. A year after we got married, we decided to start our family. Only people with fertility problems can understand that just deciding is taken right out of our hands. I had a cancerous polyp at the base of my uterus. For many months we were in limbo as to whether I could keep my uterus and actually use it. It was finally decided that I could after 3 dnc's...but it was scary there for awhile.

3. While we were going through this we did a ton of research on adoption. I was really interested in China or Guatemala. I have a soft spot in my heart for adopted children and their families.

4. I did get pregnant with a bit of help....clomid-and it caused me to ovulate twice and we got our girls...after a harrowing pregnancy.

5. I was hospitalized at 24 weeks with pre-term labor and an incompetent cervix. I was in the hospital on powerful drugs for 8 weeks and then sent home with more drugs on a pump in my
thigh. My girls were delivered via c-section as they were both breech.

To all my old and new friends I have been there and am there when it comes to adoption. Thanks for sticking through and reading to the end.

2 comments:

insanemommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
insanemommy said...

I can relate to the infertility. Oh, can I relate. After many, many years of trying to conceive we finally were matched with twin baby girls from China. I can't begin to tell you the joy I felt when I heard the news. I can still hear the phone ringing the day we received our referral.

If you had told me a million years ago that I would not have been able to conceive I would have said you were nuts. After all my family breds like jack-rabbits! However that said I was much older when we finally started trying to conceive. I did have that going against me from the start. Well, that and female problems from the time I was 20 years old...

I'm so fortunate that we were able to have the family we always desired. They are singlely my greatest joy. I don't know that my heart could love them anymore than it already does.

Thank you for sharing today.

Rony