The birthday party was a hit. It turned out we had 17 kids total including A and C. It was great fun. Everyone really liked the gym part of Rolly Pollies, and for the most part all the kids were wiped out after an hour of continous running, jumping and bouncing.
Next, it was on to cake and ice cream. I think the kids were happy to sit for a while and eat. It was the fastest half hour on record. A and C blew out their candles like troopers. They really enjoyed their Spirit Stallion of the Cimmaron themed party. I even found a horse balloon online and had it inflated today and used it as a decoration. I also found some horse stickers and put them into the goody bags along with some candy and a friendship bracelet.
In no time flat I was handing out the party favors and wishing everyone thanks for coming to the party. It was definately worth it to have the party off grounds from our house.
As it is, Luis is not too happy to be having people come back to our house tonight for food. He was mad at me all day long because I agreed to have a small casual dinner for his family! Yikes!
Everyone, from his family did come. It was amazing. I don't think we will see them all together again for a while. The next time his brother Rudy mentions a get together I will suggest someone else do it. Shoot, he and his wife could not decide if they wanted to come until the very last second. In fact, they showed up late. I am glad they came though. They are definatley not the traditional hispanic family at all, and since their mother passed away everyone has drifted even farther apart.
No comments:
Post a Comment